A digital manufacturing workshop
accessible to all!
WHAT IS A FABLAB?
A Fablab (contraction of English fabrication laboratory) is a place open to the public where all kinds of tools, including computer-controlled machine tools, are made available for the design and production of objects. The main feature of the Fablabs is their “openness”. They are targeting entrepreneurs, designers, artists, do-it-yourselvers, students… who want to move more quickly from idea to prototype. They are also a space for meeting and collaborative creation which allows, among other things, the manufacture of unique objects: decorative objects, replacement objects, tools…
WHO ARE WE?
Fablab Descartes makes its equipment and technical skills available to companies, makers and the general public to manufacture their ideas: prototypes, cut-outs, objects’ customisation.
Training courses are provided to operate the machines as well as workshops to learn by doing.
Make your projects a reality, with the help of professionals!
Travel passionate and confirmed handyman.
Regular Maker, keen on optic art.
In particular, he runs our robot and automaton workshops.
Regular Maker, music passionate.
Among others, he leads our introductory GIMP software workshop.
He notably runs our Arduino and Raspberry Pi workshops.
TO CONTACT US
- Become a member
- Register online to training courses/worshops
- Rent our equipment online and do-it-yourself
- Place an order for us to produce: detailed request by email, with a plan/drawing
- Receive a quote to be approved
- Send us your detailed specifications by email with a plan/drawing
- Answer to our requests for clarification
- Receive a quote to approved
- Take delivery of your order
- Come to Friday afternoons open labs, without appointment
- For group visit requests, send us an email
- We will arrange a date with you