Organised across 55 countries, ClimateLaunchpad is the largest international competition to fight climate change! It is organised by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT), Climate-KIC and supported by the European Commission. Incubateur Descartes is the national Lead for France.
Enter the #cleantech competition!
You have a promising idea that you want to submit to ClimateLaunchpad for the first time? You have not commercialised your products, solutions or prototypes yet? ClimateLaunchpad 2022 (CLP22) is open to all individuals, startups, SMEs… in their first year, resident or established in one of the participating countries.
Entering the competition is easy! Submit an innovation with a positive impact on the environment, in one of the following 8 themes:
- Adaptation and resilience: products or services that build agility, response-readiness, and climate resilience
- Circular economies: innovations that decouple economic growth from unsustainable resources and greenhouse gas emissions
- Urban solutions: ideas that help transform urban environments into decarbonised beacons, innovations targeted at climate-resilient cities with nature-based urban infrastructure solutions to combat extreme heat and urban flooding
- Clean energy: around storage, smart power grids, integrating wind, solar and bioenergy, carbon capture, CO2 mitigation of chemical and industrial processes and efficient energy use in buildings
- Food systems: pioneering solutions for climate-smart food production
- Sustainable mobility: clean-energy mobility models including battery technology, smart energy management systems in vehicles and other forms of transportation, renewable energy use, innovative mobility solutions, and “mobility-as-a-service”
- Blue economy: sectors and industries related to oceans, seas and coastal areas
- The Next Best Thing: game changing unexplored technologies, promising innovations with the potential to create massive impact on a global scale, not yet mainstream, but that could change markets, regions or societies
Incubateur Descartes, the French national Lead
Located at the heart of the Sustainable City Cluster, Cité Descartes, Incubateur Descartes will support the selected participants, with the CLP22 team. Together, they will help them evolve from the idea to the definition of a relevant product/market combination, and avoid the most common pitfalls of entrepreneurship.
Our corporate partners, sponsors of CLP22:
Join the competition!
Terms and conditions
Timeline – France
- 15/04/2022 to 31/05/2022: online applications
- 15 & 16/06/2022: Boot Camp
A CLP coach and Incubateur Descartes team will lead the online two-days Boot Camp. Dedicated to the selected candidates, it will provide them with all information and good practices to boost their entrepreneurial project.
- 08/07/2022: National Final
The best teams will be able to participate in the Regional Grand Final.
- September: Regional Final
The best teams from each country participate in the Regional Final, with the possibility of being selected for the Grand Final!
- Early November: Global Grand Final
Finalists from all participating countries will compete in front of an international jury!
What’s in for the best teams? Newly acquired expertise and knowledge, networking opportunities to grow your business, and prizes for the Global Grand Final winners.