In partnership with the incubator Hatch, Sri Lanka, and Orange, Incubateur Descartes launches The Aggregator 2021, a major international molecular start-up competition between Europe and Sri Lanka!
For this new edition of The Aggregator, Incubateur Descartes has joined forces with Hatch, Sri Lanka, to bring together European and Sri Lankan startups and help them develop internationally. This operation is carried out within the framework of the EU-SLIP (Europe-Sri Lanka Innovation Partnership) project, supported by the European Commission.
Molecular startup: an international expansion strategy
Indeed, the primary objective of The Aggregator 2021 is to match startups and/or SMEs developing similar products and services in order to form molecular startups. Addressing an identical market, these startups can thus bring their product or service closer together, co-innovate with a competitor who becomes a partner, and grow rapidly while avoiding competition.
Topics for a better and more sustainable future for all!
The 2021 topics are including, but not limited to, artificial intelligence, machine learning, blockchain… that contribute to the education and agritech sectors addressing one or more of the following UN Sustainable Development Goals:
- #4 Quality education
- #5 Gender equality
- #8 Decent work and economic growth
- #9 Industry, innovation and infrastructure
- #17 Partnerships
You have developed a technological solution in line with one of the above topics? Apply to our competition!
What’s in for the winners?
- Information on a potential match with another startup / SME from Europe or Sri Lanka working on similar or complementary solutions,
- Access to a matchmaking facility to discover and interact with relevant counterparts,
- Connection to mentors from big corporates, strategic partners and market experts in the target region for business modelling and scaling up across regions,
- Support from an enabling environment (legal, demo day with selected startups, seed funds, etc.) for cooperation with your pair in Europe or Sri Lanka,
- The duo of 2 matching companies with the highest potential of engineering a molecular startup, will win a travel allowance to the other region for taking the next steps towards serious engagements.
Apply before Saturday 15th May 2021, 23h59 CET (or 16/05/2021, 04h29 IST)!
Read the rules of the competition
Fill in the application form with a short video pitch
Pre-selection buy the jury will take place on June 1st and winners will be notified on June 16th, 2021.
« This collaboration is fully in line with the innovation strategy we decline on a territorial level thanks to innovation agreements, similar to the one we have with the Communauté d’Agglomération Paris-Vallée de la Marne. It will contribute to strengthening our involvement in subjects related to sustainable development,” Marc Ribes, Director of Seine-et-Marne Community Relations, Orange France